CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 17, 2009

Mini Vacation

A few weeks ago Josh and I decided to go on a little weekend vacation to get away. My dad had sent us a list of some places to try out. We decided to make a loop through Nevada to Wendover to Tooele and back home.
Our first stop, after the cheese factory to get some fantastic squeaky cheese, was Lehman Caves. I was really excited about this. It had been forever since I had been to Timpanogos Caves and have wanted to go back, but knew this summer I wouldn’t be able to make the hike. The Lehman Caves are very similar just without the hike. It was so crazy to because they are in the middle of no where!! Here are some pictures of the formations inside the caves. Josh and I kept giggling because he kept pointing out “naughty” shaped formations!! Yeah we’re really mature! We also kept laughing at our tour guide. I know people that work in the forest place and outdoors can be a little earthy and green but she was over the top. She took her job very seriously!!
After our cave tour we drove to Ely, Nevada. WHY?!?!? I have no idea. Ely was the dumpiest town I had ever seen in my life!! It took us all of about 2.5 minutes to drive through. At one edge of town Josh and I saw a sign that said VIP Massage. We were joking about what that could be… come to find out it really was what we were thinking!! If only we had looked next door at The Doll House… the town brothel!! It was hilarious!! While we were there we went on a dinner train ride. The description and pictures on line made it seem so cool but when in fact it sucked!! For what we paid we should’ve gotten steak and lobster but instead go dry chicken and brisket cooked from some trailer lady. Josh and I were very glad we were still full from Subway a few hours earlier! We got sat at a table with a couple who actually lived in Ely… and yes they were crazy. They suggested we go to the craft fair that was in town for the weekend… yeah Josh and I jumped right on that!! Overall, we should have driven straight to Wendover.
The next morning we drove to Wendover, had brunch and gambled just a bit. Then drove over to Tooele to Skull Valley, where I would be hunting. It was so far out there. It was a nice drive to scout out where we’d be going. Unfortunately, a week after we were there, the fire that was close to Tooele burned the land that I was going to be hunting on. We are all bummed out but can’t do much about it. We are still waiting to see what the results are about hunting.
Josh and I are very glad we got to get away for a few days. We are both glad to say we’ve been there, done that because I doubt we will ever go back!!!

1 comment:

Joe and Victoria said...

even though you may have hated Ely... I'm still glad you guys were able to get away, just the two of you! That sucks about Skull Valley... I hope hunting still goes as planned!