CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

PREGNANT

If you haven't already heard... yes I am pregnant!! And when you read my next post you'll understand that Josh and I had a very good time in Mexico!! We are joking that our baby will come out brown and with a shot of Tequilla!!
Josh and I have been wanting to start a family for some time but wanted to have one last amazing trip with no responsibilities. I went off my IUD January 9 and found out I was pregnant February 1- yes Super Bowl Sunday!! I was very anxious to take a test but knew that it was early but took one anyways. The first test I took was a very faint blue positive line. I wasn't sure if it was really there or if I was imagining it there because I wanted it there. So I went back to the store and bought a dummy proof kind that said "pregnant" or "not pregnant" and sure enough... "pregnant"! My sister was the first one I called and I kinda freaked out when I said it out loud. I was so excited and freaked out at the same time. Was I really ready for this? Of course that day I had to go to a Super Bowl party at my in laws (all without Josh, he was at work). I'm not good at holding secrets and I for sure thought I was going to spill the beans but I held it! Josh wasn't going to be home for another 10 days and it killed me every time I talked to him on the phone but I just couldn't tell him that way, I had to see his face. So I came up with telling him on Valentine's Day. I know! I know! I had to hold it for 4 more days while he was home!! It was so tough. For Valentine's day we went to my favorite restuarant The Melting Pot. I wrapped up my postive test in a box and gave it to him. He was so excited!! He said he knew (yeah right that dang ego of his!) but I knew he was surprised.
After dinner we went to Build-a-Bear and each picked out and built a bear for our parents. We bought t-shirts and I ironed on letters that said "Dress Me For A Grandbaby". Our parents were so shocked but in a good way. They are very excited. All my dad cares is that we don't neglect our first children... our puppies!!

1 comment:

Candice said...

I am SO excited for you guys! Thanks for giving me the heads up before so I wasn't the last one to find out!!!! I love you so much! You are going to have the cutest baby ever!